Hopedating is the newest entrant in the STD/herpes dating site segment. Despite this, the website has shown commendable growth and has earned a lot of accolades. Indeed, the unique concept that this site implements certainly makes it stand out from the rest. The website considers sexually transmitted infections as gifts that people receive unknowingly. Therefore, this site aims to provide a friendly atmosphere to help people find someone interesting and possibly a life companion.
Would you have to pay for using Hopedating?
Currently, you wouldn’t have to pay a cent to join and use this site. However, we believe that the site might introduce membership plans shortly, and access to some of the advanced features would be restricted for standard users. If you’re interested in becoming a member of this site, sign up is the right time. Free membership of this site comes at the cost of a tiny subscriber base because this site is new to the online herpes dating arena.
In case the website opts to implement a subscription concept, we will update it here. Nevertheless, prospective users are advised to keep themselves updated by visiting the official website.
List of Features
As stated earlier, Hope.dating is free to register and use. There is no differentiation between the options accessible to free users and those accessible to premium users. All the registered users can utilize, in all, every feature on this site. Here is a list of some of the most striking features that you’d find on this site:
- Register using your Facebook account. Bring your friends to this site.
- A revolutionary ‘drag and drop’ profile builder that simplifies the process of creating a comprehensive profile.
- The ‘proximity search’ feature is more vivid and easy to use.
- Users would be able to view a list of automated matches that the website has suggested.
- Upload high-quality photos to the profile and view pictures of others in full-screen mode.
- Registered users would be able to keep a tab on all their activity from a single dashboard.
- They’d also be able to share virtual gifts with people whom they’re interested in.
- A dedicated blog and public forums allow users to connect with the herpes community and share their viewpoints.
- The website also boasts advanced communication options such as text chat and video chat.
- Keep in touch with your near and dear ones from any part of the world via dedicated IOS and Android.
As the name suggests, Hopedating gives people with herpes and other sexually transmitted diseases hope to find an ideal match. The website is very new to the dating ecosystem and would certainly take considerable time to settle down and create a brand name.
While the user interface is refreshing, the site fails to match up with competitors such as PositiveSingles.com when it comes to a sheer number of features. Nonetheless, we expect the site to pack in a few more interesting features in the future that would help users. If you’re keen on using this site, we recommend the smartphone app as the built-in ‘proximity search’ option would require you to make slightly lesser efforts.
The communication options, too, are pretty fine, but the customer support department needs to evolve. Currently, the blog section and public forums are the best modes of communication that can help you get in touch with a wider member base. While this website is very different from most traditional ones, we still cannot consider it revolutionary.
All in all, the positive approach and commitment to making the lives of people with herpes better help this site bag the third spot on our list of the best herpes dating sites on the market. The website is free to use, and you’d have access to a decent set of options.
So, should you join in Hopedating?
While we applaud the website for taking a more unconventional approach to STD dating by referring to STDs as gifts rather than mere infections, we feel that the website isn’t ready to cater to a diverse audience. In case you’re on a shoestring budget and cannot afford to spend a lot of money on dating, this could be a great choice.
On the other hand, if you’re serious about dating and cannot compromise with the sheer member strength of a dating site, then we believe this isn’t the best option available on the market. However, the website’s membership base would likely increase shortly, and new features are added too.