Herpes is one of the most common sexually transmitted disease (STD) in the world. Nearly 1/6th of America is affected by herpes i.e.., 1 out of every 6 members are diagnosed with herpes. It is mostly skin to skin STD. Let us get in depth by knowing herpes treatment and herpes symptoms.
Herpes is contagious and can be caused by two viruses. It can be caused by vaginal sex, oral sex, anal sex, and kissing. The first being HSV1 or Herpes simplex virus type 1 and the second one being HSV2 or herpes simplex virus type 2.
Even though herpes is contagious, one can participate and can have physical relation by taking certain measures. When it comes to herpes symptoms, they might even take up to decades to find out the symptoms.
The common herpes symptoms are:
- Pain around your genitals
- It might burn when your urine touches the sore areas of herpes
- A headache
- Swollen glands in your throat and underarms
- Slightly raised reddish areas
These are some of the symptoms an HSV single can have. One should notice that it might even take up to months to show up the symptoms.
How One Can Get Treated For Herpes?
The worst part of getting affected with herpes is that there is no cure for it. Even though there is no treatment, there are plenty of ways to treat the symptoms and manage the infection. It is recommended to consult your gynecologist and take the prescribed medication to cure it.
Some of the things an HSV1 or HSV2 single can follow for herpes treatment are:
- Having a bath with warm water
- Keeping the affected area dry as moisture can make it long last
- Can rub the ice pack over the sore area
- Wearing loose and soft clothes might help you
- One can take aspirin or ibuprofen as painkillers
Suppression therapy can help you to cure a lot of herpes outbreaks. This helps you to prevent future herpes outbreaks and will prevent your partner from getting affected from your herpes. Remember herpes is contagious so consider of herpes treatment for a better life.